VNAH works to promote policies and programs to assist and empower people with disabilities and disadvantaged children
Vietnam Assistance for the Handicapped (VNAH) is a U.S.-based non-profit, non-political, tax-exempt charitable organization founded in 1991 to assist Vietnamese with disabilities and other disadvantaged groups to regain mobility and improve their socio-economic status. Over the past 25 years, VNAH has implemented development projects and volunteer activities that have benefited several million people in Southeast Asia.
rehabilitation and direct assistance
- Build and equip rehabilitation centers and health clinics to improve capacity and access to health services for persons with disabilities and the rural poor.
- Provide health care, rehabilitation services, and assistive devices to persons with disabilities, war and land-mines/UXO victims.
- Support vocational training, employment and livelihood development for persons with disabilities and disadvantaged youth.
- Capacity building training for health workers, rehabilitation practitioners, assistive devices producers and staff of vocational training and employment service centers.
schools & Youth
- Improve access to and quality of education for children in remote areas by building school, teacher training and international education exchanges.
- Support curriculum development of higher education and teachers training in subjects including barrier-free access design in construction, social work with disabilities, occupational therapy and vocational rehabilitation.
- Volunteer health care services in rural, remote areas.
- Provide clean water for rural and ethnic communities.
- Technical assistance to the development and enforcement of disability policies in Vietnam.
- Promote programs and policies at the national and sub-national levels to integrate persons with disabilities into all aspects of their community's social and economic affairs.
- Technical support to national efforts for the development of disability information system in Vietnam.
- Support the development of disabled people's organization (DPO) and training for disability advocates.
Thank you for supporting and choosing to make a donation to VNAH. Gifts like yours support many of our very special programs and services. Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. Click the donate button below to donate now.
Your contribution can enable a person to walk again | gain productive employment | once again participate in the social life of their communities.
VNAH understands that giving is a personal choice. We recognize and protect the privacy of our donors. We do not sell lists of donor names, nor do we share donor information unless requested by the donor.
Thank you for supporting VNAH
VNAH is included as a national organization in the Combined Federal Campaign. The contribution number is 10884.
VNAH is a tax-exempt organization under Section 501© (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. A financial statement is available upon written request to the State Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Commonwealth of Virginia, PO Box 1162, Richmond, VA 23209, USA.